Updated: 26th September 2021
At Madison & Mayfair we are committed to protecting you and your privacy. We would be happy to answer any questions you have regarding how we ensure this, please contact us here.
How we collect your personal information.
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products or services via our website, post material to our website and complete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website.
We also collect your personal data indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website- Please read further to find out more.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the activities carried out through our website.
This information includes:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Date of birth
- Details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- Information about the services we provide to you
- Your account details, such as username, login details
What we do with your personal information.
in most instances we use your personal data to monitor activity on our website, fulfil a placed order you have placed with us through the site and for marketing activity.
We use this personal information to:
- Create and manage your account with us
- Verify your identity
- Provide goods and services to you
- Customise our website and its content to your preferences
- Notify you of any changes to our website or services that may affect you
- Improve our services
- Perform Marketing Activities
This website is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Who we share your personal data with.
So that you may benefit from Klarna’s alternative payment options, certain aspects of your personal information are shared with Klarna to assess whether you qualify for use of their payment options.
We also use other third party services to improve user experience online.
Social Media Advertising
At Madison & Mayfair Ltd, we run online social media advertising campaigns on websites such as Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook.
We target and tailor specific advertising content to your preferences based on your previous website browsing. We do this using various digital marketing resources and technologies including pixels, web beacons, ad tags and cookies, as well as resources and services that are offered by social media networks.
The ads that you will observe are built upon the information that we hold concerning you previous browsing sessions on Madison & Mayfair.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
We would like to send you information about products and services, competitions and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We would also like to share your information with selected Google Analytics, HotJar so that they may send you information about their products AND/OR services, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online order form for the first time].
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- Contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
- Updating your marketing preferences on our Login
It may take up to 7 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call or write to us via our contact page.
- Let us have enough information to identify you, eg Ful Name, Last Name, Email Address.
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill).
- Let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
HotJar - User Experience Optimization
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Persistent marketing and analytics cookies
These cookies contain a unique user ID which will enable Klarna to recognise the user’s device the next time that user returns to a merchant using Klarna’s services. These are persistent cookies, stored on the device for a period of up to 540 days as of the last interaction with Klarna, or until they are deleted and allow Klarna (i) to show personalized marketing of Klarna products, including credit promotions to the user, and (ii) to perform analytics of the user behaviour.
By connecting the unique user ID stored in the cookie on the device to the information Klarna has about the user, Klarna will be able to recognize the user of that device. The information Klarna collects through the cookies is not shared with any third party.
Klarna Bank AB (publ) is subject to Swedish Data Protection legislation and is the data controller for the purpose of processing the personal data as described above. Klarna has a data protection officer and a team consisting of personal data experts. Klarna also has a customer service team handling questions relating to personal data. You are welcome to contact Klarna at email@example.com. Please visit www.klarna.com for more information about Klarna, and how Klarna processes personal data.
How to enable browser cookies
"Cookies" are little pieces of data we send when you visit our store. Cookies help us get to know you better and personalize your experience. Plus, they help protect you and other shoppers from fraud.
Set your browser to accept cookies so you can buy items, save items, and receive customized recommendations. Here’s how:
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information, we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Madison & Mayfair, Ustun House, Waddington Way, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S65 3SH or call 0203 9712 443
Do you need extra help?